Sought after for written and verbal presentations
- Presented at ‘Future of London’ conference
- Presented at Conference on the London Office Market (Organiser: New London Architecture)
- Gave economics evidence to Examination In Public of the London Plan
- Investor presentations to finance pensions start-up
- At RBS: TV/radio and citations in the quality press and media: FT, Wall Street Journal, Times, Bloomberg, Reuters, BBC, Bloomberg TV, CNN, CNBC and others; client presentations
- Invited by Lombard Odier as keynote speaker for annual dinner for Local Authority Treasurers
- At Credit Suisse First Boston: Marketing of two funds launched by Credit Suisse Investment Management: (a) the Central European Growth Fund – an equity fund (b) the New Europe Debt Fund. Appointed to the Advisory Board of the second; Achieved press/media citations for the firm and high personal profile in the media; appointed as a member of the Wall Street Journal’s panel of experts on Central and Eastern Europe with views published in its Central European Economic Reviews; Invited to be a Panel member to judge Jacques de Larosière Essay on Global Finance (sponsored by the Institute of International Finance, Inc).
- Work on unfunded pensions in Europe was published by CSFB (Employment and the Hidden Debt). This led to a number of spinoffs including: a Personal View column in the Financial Times entitled Europe’s Pensions Quandary (June 1994); article in The Economist’s World in 1995 entitled Why Your Pension Won’t be Paid.
- Invited by Frank Field MP, former Minister for Welfare Reform, to be a Specialist Adviser to the Parliamentary Committee on Social Security for its inquiry into Unfunded Pensions in Europe (report published 23 October 1996).
- Frequent client and external presentations including to the OECD in Paris, where I was a regular guest at the Financial Markets Committee; to the Bank of England’s Centre for Central Banking Studies; and at many commercial conferences, eg the annual Euromoney Issuers and Borrowers Forum.